Sunday, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!
I survived the 9/15 deadline! Hallelujah! Now it’s football day, and we decided to cook up a full-out game-day spread. On the menu:
- Italian sausage sandwiches with green peppers and onions
- Outrageous Chicken Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the Italian Sausages, I pan-cooked some hot Italian sausages until they were nearly cooked through.
Then I put them in a crockpot with a large jar of spaghetti sauce and one white onion and two green peppers.
I left the crockpot on high, and these guys just hung out all day getting tastier and tastier with each minute.
Jarrod and I are always looking for new dip recipes to try out. So when I stumbled across this recipe for Outrageous Chicken Nacho Dip, we HAD to try it.
Here’s what went in to the dip:
- 3 grilled chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 block Velveeta, cubed
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 2 jalapenos peppers (1 seeded, 1 not seeded) finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1.5 tablespoons hot taco seasoning mix
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
First up, cube up the Velveeta for increased meltability:
Tossed in the remaining ingredients:
Next, you must take the crockpot outside for a natural-light photo session:
This is a happy site:
Easy peasy, and oh so tasty!
As for the cookies… whelp, I just used the recipe on the back of the Nestlé chocolate chips bag 🙂
Tried and true!