Tonight I am craving SHRIMP. Last weekend, I ordered the Applebees low cal Shrimp and Island Rice and it was DIVINE. I felt like I was indulging! (Side note – I also tried the skinny marg, which was nothing to write home about… though apparently it was worthy enough to blog about… haha)
Since then, I’ve been craving some shrimpies so that’s what is on the agenda this evening.
I found a new blog that I’m really enjoying that is all about healthy recipes called Skinny Taste
On the blog, I saw a delicious recipe for shrimp quesadillas. I don’t have time to run to the store to buy all the ingredients before sex and the city 😀 😀 😀 — so I’m mixing it up a little bit based on what I have on hand.
- 9 Large Shrimp
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, black pepper, lemon juice, water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Joseph’s Low Carb pita with Flax
- 1/4 bag Calabacita blend veggies (leftovers from last night)
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese goodness
- Tomato, onion, banana peppers
- 1 dollop of daisy fat free breakstones 😉
Stats: 320 calories, 29g carbs, 9g fat, 27g protein, 6g fiber