Say it with me now. In through the nose……. out through the mouthhhhhhhh…….
In through the noseeeeeeeee…..
Out through the mouth.
Another tax busy season is (nearly) behind me, and thank the frickin heavens! Tonight is the first night I’ve come home with nothing URGENT URGENT URGENT to think about in FOR-EV-ER. It has been a rough few weeks, but the good news is work should be a whole heck of a lot slower until January when the season-who-shall-not-be-named rolls into town once again… bleghhhhhhh….
So to update you on the last few weeks:
* ERGONOMICS UPDATE: My office chair has developed a permanent indentation of my butt due to the extensive quality time we’ve been sharing.
* OBSESSION UPDATE: I’ve developed a love for Clif Bars. You may recall my longstanding obsession with Luna bars. I dare say Clif bars are now taking the lead. They leave me feeling fuller longer (quite possibly due to the extra 60 calories they pack) and the Clif bars don’t seem to give me a sugar rush. Though, I will admit that the Luna Bar flavors are more craveable than Clif’s flavors. Must be a girl thing.
* RESTAURANT UPDATE: I had a string of crappy meals, which I didn’t think was possible in CLT. I was sadly wrong. Two thumbs down to disturbingly grey eggs and unidentifiable breakfast potatoes at Bluprint, incredibly fatty steak at Firebirds, and insane over usage of butter at Cajun Queen. BLEGH!
* TRAVEL UPDATE: BF and I went to Chimney Rock, NC for a day to hike courtesy of a Living Social deal I snagged a few months back.
We hiked, and climbed, and did our best not to contract poison ivy….
There were beautiful vistas, fancy gaps, and excessive sweating.
We also took impromptu senior year of high school photos:
How ridiculous is that photo??? Makes me giggle every time I look at it!
And since the BF is *cough* afraid of heights *cough* I climbed to the top by my onesie:
Even though it was overcast that day, the view was gorgeous!
WARNING: Do not look directly at my white legs. Doing so may cause temporary blindness.
* CHEAP ASS UPDATE: Target has Clif Bars and Luna Bars on sale this week! They have boxes of 6 and limited flavors in BOXES OF SEVEN for $5!! HOLLER!
* TECH SAVVY UPDATE: The wireless on my computer died
* NOT-SO-TECH-SAVVY UPDATE: I spent 45 minutes on the phone trying to fix the computer problem. This included several rounds of me answering the same exact series of questions over and over. I think the rep was hoping I’d change my responses. Think again, Dell. Think again….
* FRIENDS AND FAM UPDATE: The BF’s mom and pop came to Charlotte. We showed them the town (through food, naturally). We also had a make-your-own pizza night at my humble abode:
Mmmmmmm pizzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaa *drool*
* BEEF CAKE UPDATE: I upped my squat and tricep weight at Body Pump! I’m now up to the following (total weight including 2.5lb bar):
Sept 2011 versus June 2011
- Warm Up = 22.5 lbs vs 17.5 lbs
- Squat = 37.5 lbs vs 22.5 lbs
- Chest = 27.5 lbs vs 17.5 lbs
- Back = 32.5 lbs vs 22.5 lbs
- Triceps = 27.5 lbs vs 12.5 lbs
- Biceps = 22.5 lbs vs 17.5 lbs
- Lunges = 22.5 lbs vs 12.5 lbs
- Shoulders = 22.5 lbs vs 17.5 lbs
My goal over the next two weeks is to bump up my squat and back weight again. Every time I increase my squat weight I get lower back pains, so I’m going to work really hard on my form. I’m watching the how-to videos on the Body Pump website as we speak…
* RUNNING UPDATE: I didn’t run for two weeks, and felt like death was upon me when I ran 6 miles Sunday. But I did it, and I hope to beat my eight-mile record in the next couple of weeks!
* THE WHY-IT’S-GOOD-TO-DATE-GUYS-WITH-SKILLS-UPDATE: My IT guy fixed my computer *wink* *wink*
* NERD UPDATE: Shit got serious on my 2012 budget spreadsheet. Yes, that’s my 2012 annual budget I’m working on, which is something I’ve started every September for the past 7 years. Every year it gets bigger and better, and with the addition of my new friend the “Indirect Formula” my summary spreadsheet just went to a whole new level of awesomeness. Be jealous.
So fill me in! What have you been up to? What have you cooked? Where have you been? What have I missed??? My Google Reader is outta control right now!!